The 11 Laws of Likability
Relationship Networking…Because People Do Business with People They Like
We all know that networking is important, and that forming relationships with others is a vital part of success. But sometimes it seems like networking removes all emotions from the equation and focuses only on immediate goals…whereas the kind of relationships that have true staying power, give us joy, and support us in the long run are founded on simply liking each other.
This book, featuring activities, self-assessment quizzes, and real-life anecdotes from professional and social settings, shows readers how to identify what’s likable in themselves and create honest, authentic interactions that become “wins” for all parties involved. Readers will discover how to:
- Start conversations and keep them going with ease
- Convert acquaintances into friends
- Uncover people’s preferences and tweak their own personal style to enable engaging, reciprocal interactions
- Create follow-up and stay in others’ minds long after the initial meeting
The worst thing we can do when trying to establish a personal bond with someone is to come across as manipulative or self-serving. Authentic connections go much deeper—and feel much easier—than trying to hit self-imposed business card collection quotas. This book presents a new paradigm that shows how even the most networking-averse can network…and like it.
Nail the Interview, Land the Job
A Step-by-Step Guide for What To Do Before, During and After the Interview
In today’s competitive job market, securing a job can be more fraught and arduous than ever. But here’s the truth: Nailing the interview is the most pivotal step in convincing any potential employer that you’re unequivocally the right candidate. And the power to do so is in your hands.
Nail the Interview, Land the Job reveals exactly what you need to do to shine during the interview process and set yourself apart from the crowd. From detailed preparations to following up once the interview is through, chapter by chapter the book drills down into every step along the path, including:
- Increasing confidence and getting in the right frame of mind
- Knowing exactly what to wear and what to bring with you
- Making the best first impression and instantly connecting
- Relating previous experiences to the position your seeking
- Navigating difficult questions
- Determining what to ask and not to ask during the interview
- Sealing the deal at the end of the process
Bonus sections provide an in-depth look at leveraging resources such as career fairs, career coaches, and headhunters, plus a soup-to-nuts interview checklist and information about unconventional interviews.
Heroes Get Hired
How to Use Your Military Experience to Master the Interview
Going back to work after being in the military can be a daunting yet rewarding experience. As a veteran re-entering the workforce or looking to change jobs, you may face a unique set of challenges as you become accustomed to civilian situations, expectations, and demands. Your recent experiences may be very different from those of the average civilian candidate.
In Heroes Get Hired: How to Use Your Military Experience to Master the Interview, I address the particular issues, questions, fears, and mental roadblocks that you as a veteran may encounter as you re-enter the civilian workforce, and how you can overcome these challenges to acquire the skills you need to excel at the interview process. Featuring contributions from IAVA and MSCCN, this free book sponsored by Citi, sheds light on the specific strengths and competitive advantages that you as a veteran bring to the civilian workforce, and how you can make sure to communicate these qualities to a recruiter or potential employer.
Note: This book is FREE for veterans and their spouses.
Price: $19.99 plus S&H ($4.95)
Training Activity Book: Training with a Twist
It is training with a twist. This book is about communication, leadership, teamwork, and fun ways to learn about the roles they play and the impact they have. Inside, you will find easy-to-follow facilitation guides for designing and delivering interactive and innovative training programs that encourage insights, increase learning, develop skills, inspire action, and always create a fun experience. With coaching, it is your time – you decide how to use it.
Who is this book for?
You, of course! If you are in a Human Resources department, learning & development role, or are an independent corporate trainer, this book is full of ideas for you. Customize on or offsite workshops that incorporate fun with the specific skill development you desire.
- Includes an Activity Matrix that allows the corporate trainer to focus on specific learning intentions.
- Is module based format with an opening and closing to each one of the activities
- Steps the trainer through the debrief.
- Includes teaching notes for 9 games, each with variations and review questions.
- Play and debrief ranges from 30 minutes to 4 hours.